1. ‘Move into the Light?’ Republished by ‘Le Monde Diplomatique Brasil’
2. Turbulence 4 Launch Event at the European Social Forum in Malmoe
3. Turbulence 4 Published in North America – Copies Available at RNC Protests
4. Turbulence 4 Arrives in German (At Last!)
5. ‘The Movement is Dead,…’ Turb_04 Article Republished By Modkraft.dk
6. ‘Et tu Bertinotti?’ Turb_04 Article Translated into Greek
7. Looking For Somewhere to Publish ‘Move into the Light?’ in Spanish and Italian
8. Appeal for Translators
9. Donations Needed!
1. ‘MOVE INTO THE LIGHT?’ REPUBLISHED BY ‘LE MONDE DIPLOMATIQUE BRASIL’
The translation was carried out by Caia Fittipaldi.
Copies of Turbulence 4 will be available at the European Social Forum (ESF) in Malmoe, Sweden, taking place from 17-21 September. We’re considering a launch event, or some kind of a bash. We’ll keep you informed. If you’re coming, though, we’d love it if you could grab a bundle to take back with you and distribute in your area or networks.
More information about the forum is here.
There’s information about the autonomous spaces here.
3. TURBULENCE 4 PUBLISHED IN NORTH AMERICA – COPIES AVAILABLE AT RNC PROTESTS
Turbulence 4 asks, ‘Who will save us from the future?’ Well, probably not the ‘Grand Old Party’. Nor, most likely, any of the decisions being taken on the fringes of the Republican National Convention taking place in Minneapolis next week.
Nevertheless, we think the space opened by the protests around the convention could provide a bit of room for engaging with the problem of ‘the future’; and we want to get in on the discussion!
We’ve now printed thousands of copies of Turbulence 4 in the US, many of which will be distributed at the protests. If you want to grab a copy for yourself, or better, a bundle to take back to your corner of the world; the RNC protests are your opportunity!
Copies will be available at the Convergence Space: 627 Smith Ave S St. Paul, Mn 55107. The phone number is: (651) 293 3968.
Copies will soon also be available in North America via PM Press.
4. TURBULENCE 4 ARRIVES IN GERMANY (AT LAST!)
A bunch were distributed at the Klimacamp and, finally(!), a load have now also arrived in Berlin. Sometime over the next couple of weeks, they’ll be appearing in bookshops and infoshops across Berlin and – we hope – the rest of the country. Copies will also soon be able to be ordered from Red Stuff.
5. ‘THE MOVEMENT IS DEAD,…’ TURB_04 ARTICLE REPUBLISHED BY MODKRAFT.DK
6. ‘ET TU BERTINOTTI?’ TURB_4 ARTICLE TRANSLATED INTO GREEK
7. LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE TO PUBLISH ‘MOVE INTO THE LIGHT?’ IN SPANISH AND ITALIAN
We now have a Spanish and an Italian translation of ‘Move into the Light? Postscript to a turbulent 2007’. If you edit a newspaper, journal, magazine or website and would be interested in publishing the text – or else know of somewhere which might – please get in touch.
8. APPEAL FOR TRANSLATORS
We’re currently looking for people willing to help translate articles published in the latest issue of Turbulence into languages other than English. Let us know if you can help out.
9) DONATIONS NEEDED!
We’re still desperately short of cash! Help us out if you can with a donation, no matter how small. Donations can be made via the PayPal button on our website, or get in touch if you’d like our bank details for a direct transfer.
(August 27 2008)